Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chicken Tetrazzini

This is a recipe that I have had for 23 years. I had shattered my leg and couldn't walk. A pastors wife [can't remember their name] brought this dish and I requested the recipe and have been making it ever since. It's easy to assemble and you don't need any special talent. Now she used a whole fryer and cooked it until done and then deboned it. Way way too much trouble. You know me by now, I'm for easy and quick.
350 Oven
1 large Chicken Breast with the skin and bone in
Chicken Breasts these days are big enough to ride so one should be enough, but if you feel it's not enough meat then add another one. If you have a steamer put this in it with a little water in the bottom and steam for about 20 to 30 minutes. Don't let the water boil away. If you don't have a steamer you can just put it in some cold water and bring to a boil and simmer for same amount of time. When it is done and you will know because the bone will come out easily. Cut off the skin and pull out the bone. Chop into bite size pieces and set aside.
Add: 2 tbs. Butter
          1/4 C Milk
          1 small can Mushrooms or Mushroom pieces, drained
          1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup, undiluted
         *** 1 2/3 C Chicken Broth [I make my own but Swansons is good.]
          1/4 lb. of Spaghetti, Cooked and drained
          Salt and Pepper to taste
          2 Cups Shredded Colby or Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Whisk this all together in the bowl then add the Chopped Chicken and pour into a 2 qt. Casserole dish.  Cover the top with Cheese. Tent this with foil or if you have a lid for your casserole put it on. Bake for about 30 minutes until it bubbles.
***I don't have a can of Swansons Chicken Broth in my cupboard at the moment but I think the can is 15 oz. and you can add the whole can. It's a little over a cup, I believe. If it's a little soupy don't worry as it sits it will get thicker and boy is this ever good.  As you can see I serve it with fresh Broccoli because it just seems to go with it. She brought it to me that way.   and I thought it was yum! I know it looks horrible when you whisk it up but it is a different way to fix Chicken. 
I hope you will try this and that your family likes it as much as mine does

No comments:

Post a Comment